If you’re a modern day traveler on your first visit to Japan, it may come as a surprise to learn that public Wi-fi access in tech-savvy Japan can be challenging at times. But if you are going to step out of your comfort zone and venture into rural Japan with no safety of personal mobile internet, we applaud the challenge! We think that it is definitely worth it, allowing focus of your energy to the real world, to take in the sights and actually talk to people − a rewarding experience that most surely will rejuvenate both body and mind.
That being said, below is a list of “Wi-fi Oases” in Minamisanriku for your must-connect needs. There is room to improve, but better than nada. It is also good to know that most convenience stores in Japan offer free Wi-fi service with registration beforehand.
● Hotel Kanyo (lobby lounge, for customers)
● Cafe Canape (restaurant, for customers)
● Kaikaya Shokudo (restaurant, for customers)
● Minasan-kan (shop & eatery, for customers)
● Family Mart (convenience store)
● Lawson (convenience store)
● Seven Eleven (convenience store)